Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Interview with Elgibbor (2/22/08)




Alex:
First off tell us a little about yourself, and your significance in the Christian metal scene.

Jarek:
Well, my name is Jarek. My preforming name is Fire. I'm the guitarist in Elgibbor and Fire Throne. I believe that my music is bringing a Light in to the dark places only by the grace of God. God created music and satan distorted it. I want to bring people to know Christ through music that they enjoy. My lyrics are always either from the Bible or inspired by my life testimony and experiences.

Alex:
How long have you been a Christian, and how where you lead to Salvation?

Jarek:
I asked the Lord to be my Savior around 12 years ago. A drummer and great friend in my band got saved and he witnessed to me over and over again. He never gave up on me and still cared for me like a brother even when I didn't see things his way. He invited me to a Christian conference and I decided to go because I didn't have anything better to do. God met me there in a mighty way and I ran forward during the altar call and threw up my hands and surrendered my life to Him. The next night He delivered me from drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and black magic! We serve an awesome God.

Alex:
Sometimes do you find it complicated running a one-man project?

Jarek:
Always! It's hard to do a concert with only one man! Ha Ha! That's why Elgibbor has yet to preform a concert.



Alex:
What is Elgibbors goal as a band?

Jarek:
To let people in the "metal world" know that God loves them right where they are no matter what they look like or how they feel. And to infiltrate the "enemy's territory" with the Light, Love, Grace, Mercy and Forgiveness that only comes with a saving knowledge of Christ!!!

Alex:
You have been given the oppurtunity to play bass for Frost Like Ashes this upcoming summer at Cornerstone festival. Are you excited for this? and to have such an oppurtunity to play with FLA?

Jarek:
I was at Cornerstone last year and the year before. So actually I'm humbled to have such and honor to play both with FLA and at Cornerstone in general.

Alex:
What genres do you enjoy listening to the most?

Jarek:
I mostly listen to Christian metal. I also like classical (Vivaldi), Christian Celtic and Folk.

Alex:
What are some of your favorite bands? Christian then secular

Jarek:
DC Talk, Toby Mac, Newsboys, Amy Grant...haha....just kidding! (Those are great bands, just not my style!) I like Narnia, Arvinger, Slechtvalk, Antestor, Horde etc. Too many to list! The only secular music I listen to is Vivaldi! Other than that, I only listen to music that exalts the Lord.

Alex:
Do you feel Christian black metal plays a big role in todays metal scene?

Jarek:
Not as much as it could/should. There are too many Christians who aren't open to the fact that the Gospel can be spread through Christian metal. If we could open our eyes and see that the best way to spread the gospel to the sub-culture youth is to meet them on their level and let them know that God loves them without trying to change them first, then I believe that the Christian metal scene would/could be more influential. Our job is to spread His gospel, love and mercy...it's His job to change their lives with His forgiveness. We need to stop trying to make them live up to our standards and let Him take care of transforming their lives in His time and His ways.

Alex:
What is your number one influence when writing lyrics?

Jarek:
My number one influence is, of course, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and His Word. My life experiences, spiritual battles and testimonies also influence my songs.

Alex:
In your opinion how does the future look for Elgibbor? Fire Throne?

Jarek:
It's hard to tell for now. Elgibbor will continue to record music for sure. Fire Throne is a little more complicated because we live in two different countries! But only God knows for sure what will come of it all. We're in His hands.

Alex:
As a Christian do you feel it is nescessary to read the Bible daily?

Jarek:
The most important thing is to LIVE according to God's word. But in order to do that, we need to be studying what He wrote for us. I do read my Bible most every day because I want to know more about Him and about how He wants me to live.

Alex:
What are your top 5 favorite albums? Christian then secular

Jarek:
Christian
1. Mortification - first album
2. Horde - There's only one album.
3. Slechtvalk - At the Dawn of War
4. Crimson Moonlight - In Depths Of Dreams Unconscious
5. Antestor - The Forsaken

As I said before, I don't listen to secular music aside from some classical.

Alex:
Favorite song?

Jarek:
God Rules - Mortification

Alex:
What do you think the is the best release, that you have contributed to musically so far in your career?

Jarek:
Elgibbor - Stronger than Hell



Alex:
Any planned future releases?

Jarek:
Yes, I'm working on one right now.

Alex:
What are some of your favorite foods?

Jarek:
STEAK!! Nothing like an American Steak!!!

Alex:
Do you have any advice for smaller Christian metal bands in the scene?

Jarek:
NO COMPROMISE! You have to stay Strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. When you start to compromise your life you give satan a way to infiltrate your life. If you fall, get right back up, ask for His forgiveness and never go back. Jesus said Himself "GO and sin no more"!!

Alex:
Can you please explain to our readers what Elgibbor means?

Jarek:
Elgibbor is Hebrew for "God Almighty".

Alex:
What other hobbies do you have to make the time pass by?

Jarek:
I love playing video games and spending time with my wife.

Alex:
Any last words? Any requests you would like readers to pray for?

Jarek:
Please pray for protection for myself and my family. As I said before, Christian metal is infiltrating the "enemy's territory" and we need your prayers for His protection all the time!
BE STRONG IN THE LORD!

www.myspace.com/elgibbor

No comments:

Post a Comment